– Production Manager
– Composite Engineer
Manufactures products by supervising staff; organizing and monitoring work flow.
- Accomplishes manufacturing results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of new composite parts from concept to production.
- Produce conceptual and detailed design of structural composite parts and assemblies with mechanical and electrical interfaces.
- Provide process support to production on established products.
- Improve and update processes and manufacturing techniques and equipment.
- Work independently and proactively, developing and managing your requirements, tasks, and documentation.
- Produce fabrication drawings/instructions; work with internal and external fabricators to produce one-off prototypes as well as higher-volume parts/assemblies.
- BA/BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in aerospace composites industry.
- CAD experience (e.g.SolidWorks).
- Composites-specific FEM experience (e.g. NX/Nastran).
- 5 years of experience in combination of detailed design, hands-on prototyping, and testing.
- Experience with a range of composite materials and processes including prepreg, infusion, secondary assembly, inspection and QA, documentation, testing.
- Ability to summarize and transfer data across multiple tools and teams.
Click here to apply for these positions.