CNC Machinist/ Programmer
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards and those of AS9100D.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
CAD, CAM, 3 axis CNC machining, GD&T
1 year machining program (or equivalent experience)
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of new composite parts from concept to production.
- Produce conceptual and detailed design of structural composite parts and assemblies with mechanical and electrical interfaces.
- Provide process support to production on established products.
- Improve and update processes and manufacturing techniques and equipment.
- Work independently and proactively, developing and managing your requirements, tasks, and documentation.
- Produce fabrication drawings/instructions; work with internal and external fabricators to produce one-off prototypes as well as higher-volume parts/assemblies.
- Assist with ongoing AS9100 revision D quality systems management
- Work with machining to fabricate custom carbon fiber components and assemblies
- Interpret GD&T drawing requirements
- Produce 3D models of parts, fixtures, and molds
- Assist purchasing with material procurement
CAD, CAM, CNC 3 axis machining
4 year engineering degree